Residential Solar Energy Incentive
Solar energy is an important tool for lowering our community's climate impacts, while also saving residents money on their utility bills. Recognizing this, the Webster Groves Sustainability Commission brought forward a solar rebate proposal to encourage residential solar energy. City Council approved the resolution on Oct. 3rd, 2023.
Residential Solar Rebates
The City of Webster Groves will offer $500 rebates for new residential solar panel installations during the 2024 fiscal year.
- To be eligible, new installation projects must be valued at $2,500 or greater, and permits must be applied for between July 1, 2023, and June 30, 2024.
- Rebates will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis until the $20,000 total funding source is obligated or the end of the fiscal year.
- Rebates are limited to one per parcel property.
Outside of the required MEP permit (Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing), there are no additional forms needed to apply for the solar rebate.
- When submitting the MEP permit, property owners should simply insert “Solar Rebate Project” in the field that says, “Describe construction project in detail:”.
- MEP permit must be accompanied by a contract/scope of work indicating that the solar project is valued at $2,500 or greater (inclusive of materials and labor).
- Once construction is complete, Planning and Development will conduct a final inspection to confirm that the solar installation is appropriately installed in accordance with the issued MEP permit.
- Following this inspection, P&D will issue a rebate request to the Finance Department on the property owner’s behalf.
- The Finance Department will issue and mail the rebate check to the property owner.
For questions, contact sustainability coordinator, Shawn Finnegan, at ext. 5327 or the Planning & Development Department at 314-963-5300.