Filing for the APRIL 2, 2024 General Municipal Election opens on DECEMBER 5, 2023 at 8:00 A.M. and will CLOSE on DECEMBER 26, 2023 at 5:00 P.M. [Note, City Hall will be open on December 26, 2023 to accept Candidate Filings ONLY.] Three (3) Council Members at large will be elected to four (4) year terms. Please note that Council Member candidate filing packets, including petitions forms, will be available for pickup at the City Clerk’ office beginning at 10 a.m. on October 18, 2023.
To qualify for COUNCIL MEMBER you:
- Must be an Elector of the City of Webster Groves
- Must be a resident of the City of Webster Groves for at least 12 months prior to his/her election to office
- Must not be in arrears for any unpaid city taxes or municipal user fees, or any other taxes per RSMO 115.306.2
- Must file affidavit with Mo Department of Revenue affirming candidate is not delinquent on taxes and file copy with city clerk with declaration of candidacy (Form 5120)
- Per RSMO Section 130.071.2, before filing for office, candidate committee campaign disclosure reports for all prior elections shall be filed accordingly
- Per RSMO Section 115.306.1, candidate cannot have been found guilty, or pled guilty to a felony under U.S. law, a felony under Mo law, or an offense in another state considered a felony in Mo
Candidates for Council Member must file a petition signed by not less than one hundred (100) electors of the City of Webster Groves. Petition forms and filing packets are available at City Hall in the City Clerk’s office.
If you have questions regarding this election, please contact the City Clerk at 314-963-5318, or e-mail email@example.com.